Shannon Bangle is a business lawyer and mediator whose business and commercial litigation practice is broad in scope, but centers on real estate litigation and transactions, business and partnership disputes, construction, contract disputes, sports law, commercial leasing, lending and banking, energy, environmental torts and technology. Shannon also consults with and advises his business and individual clients on a continual basis regarding the legal ramifications of their everyday business decisions. Shannon's clients are located in a variety of industries, including construction, real estate development and technology, professional sports, oil and gas production and technology. He has been recognized by Texas Monthly as a Super Lawyer and "Texas Rising Star" in business litigation.
Business and Commercial Litigation
. Shannon’s practice involves a broad array of business legal issues and disputes ranging from contract and fiduciary breaches to improper lending practices and everything in between. Examples include:
- Representation related to banking, fair lending, fraudulent lending activities and usury. Representation of claimants related to improper commercial lending practices.
- Representation related to insurance company/agent disputes.
Representation regarding claims related to improper commission payment and breach of agent agreements.
- Representation of restaurants and grocery stores.
- Representation of owners related to business partnership disputes, commercial leasing negotiation and litigation and landlord/tenant negotiation and litigation.
- Representation related to employment agreements including non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Representation of professional sports governing authorities concerning member suits, competing authority disputes, licensing disputes and various day to day matters.
- Representation of businesses and individuals regarding all aspects of contract breach claims.
Construction. Shannon represents both general contractors and sub-contractors. Examples include:
- Representation of general contractors, sub-contractors and builder/developers in all aspects of construction and development claims and disputes.
Warranty issues, scope of work, delay claims, defect disputes, contract negotiations, liens, indemnities and local authority negotiation.
Real Estate/Development. In addition to construction claims, Shannon also works in the real estate and development arena. Some of his representative work includes:
- Representation relating to commercial leasing, sales and construction disputes for both landlords and tenants.
Lease termination, litigation, build out disputes, lease drafting, eviction, consultation regarding lease rights and obligations.
- Representation related to real estate development including both litigation and formation.
Defense and prosecution of land development disputes, joint ventures disputes, breach of development contracts and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Representation related to broker/agent real estate disputes.
Defend and prosecute real estate broker/agent claims.
Energy. Shannon has extensive experience related to energy litigation. Examples include:
- Representation related to oil and gas production payments and disputes.
Defense and prosecution related to claims of royalty underpayment, lease termination, failure to develop and pooling.
- Representation related to oil and gas surface and sub-surface damages and disputes.
Defense and prosecution of claims related to contamination, surface damage, remediation, diminution of land value, water contamination and obligations of operators and surface owners.
Sports Law. Shannon has continued to grow his sports law practice every year. Examples include:
- Representation of professional sports governing bodies.
- Litigation involving a range of matters and consultation concerning day to day business decisions.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 1998
- University College, London, International Law Program, 1997
- Southern Methodist University, B.A. 1995 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Admitted to Practice: Texas, 1998
- Admitted to United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Certified Mediator, 1998
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
- LBJ Future Forum, Founding Board Member, Advisory Board Member
- The Seton Forum