Michael Navarre is a civil trial lawyer with over twenty years of experience representing clients in complex litigation, class actions, intellectual property disputes, oil and gas matters, breach of contract lawsuits, and other civil matters. He has represented Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, individuals, banks, and entrepreneurs in disputes across many industries. Mr. Navarre's training and experience in engineering and business have helped him obtain successful results for his clients. Prior to joining Beatty Bangle Strama P.C. as a shareholder, Mr. Navarre worked at the Ratliff Law Firm since its inception, was senior counsel in the litigation practice group at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, L.L.P, and was a partner at McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P.
Mr. Navarre received his B.S. in engineering in 1988 from Purdue University. While working for a Fortune 100 company designing and developing computer systems, he attended law school and received his law degree from the University of Houston in 1994. During law school, he won numerous moot court and mock trial competitions and became a member of the Order of the Barristers. While working as a lawyer, he received his M.B.A from the University of Texas in 2002. Mr. Navarre has also served as an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law and the University of Houston Law Center.
Mr. Navarre has represented companies and individuals in matters as diverse as patent infringement, pharmaceutical pricing, oil and gas royalty, fiduciary duty, and breach of contract claims. Mr. Navarre’s long track record of success for his clients, includes the following:
- Represented national lending company in breach of contract case against company that funded its business operations; obtained multi-million dollar jury verdict for the client and take nothing verdict on counterclaims.
- Represented an Austin sports marketing company against a major athletic association and obtained a favorable settlement after the court granted a partial summary judgment for the client.
- Represented an international energy company in an intellectual property dispute and obtained a favorable settlement after the federal court granted partial summary judgments on the key issues for the client.
- Represented an energy company in a class action royalty dispute and obtained a favorable settlement for the client during trial.
- Represented Fortune 500 staff leasing company in breach of contract case against insurance company; received favorable multi-million dollar verdict and judgment for the client and take nothing judgment on insurance company’s $30-million counterclaim.
- Represented individuals in a dispute over the ownership of a ranch and obtained a summary judgment for the clients as to all claims.
- Represented an energy company in a royalty dispute and obtained a summary judgment for the client that was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented a homeowner in a breach of contract suit against a developer and obtained a favorable settlement after a favorable summary judgment ruling for the client.
- Represented a company in a multi-million dollar patent infringement case and obtained a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented two individuals in a breach of contract case and obtained a favorable settlement after the initial deposition of the defendant.
- Represented a doctor in an antitrust action against member of nationwide chain of hospitals and received favorable confidential settlement during trial for the client.
- Represented a wind power company against a Fortune 500 energy company; obtained a successful settlement shortly after the jury returned a verdict for the client.